Who we are
WHO WE AREIOM is the leading inter-governmental organization promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all, with presence in over 100 countries. IOM has been active in the Middle East and North Africa from the early 1980s.
Our WorkAs the leading inter-governmental organization promoting since 1951 humane and orderly migration, IOM plays a key role to support the achievement of the 2030 Agenda through different areas of intervention that connect both humanitarian assistance and sustainable development. Across the Middle East and North Africa region, IOM supports States in realizing their national priorities and in fulfilling their international commitments in the areas of migration, displacement and mobility.
- Where we work
- Take Action
- Data and Resources
- 2030 Agenda
LMI promotes ethical recruitment and protection of migrant workers and members of their families according to International Migration Law (IML) global principles and frameworks. LMI’s Strategic Focus Area on Migration, Business and Human Rights supports the private sector to respect the human and labour rights of migrant workers and their families at all stages of the migration continuum and throughout their supply chains according to IML principles and global frameworks. It also adopts a whole of society approach, engaging all relevant stakeholders, including government, civil society, and business, to empower migrant workers in the industries and workplaces where they are active.
In this framework, IOM LMI unit aims at:
- Strengthening government commitment and action to improve recruitment regulation.
- Increasing adherence of labour recruiters to principles of ethical recruitment and IML principles and global frameworks.
- Enhancing business engagement to protect migrant workers in supply chains.
- Building civil society mechanisms to enhance migrant worker voice and empowerment;
- Strengthening dialogue and cooperation across all relevant stakeholders to promote ethical recruitment and protection of migrant workers.
IRIS Ethical Recruitment (https://iris.iom.int/)